North Lands Creative is looking for a Treasurer to join its active Board. We are looking for people who are excited by the opportunity to work with a small and innovative charity and who share our values and enthusiasm to respond to a new era in the creative and community life of
contemporary glass and deliver a broad range of high quality creative experiences for local, national and international artists, audiences and participants.
Since its formation in 1995, North Lands Creative has been at the forefront of new developments in glass making and glass-based art and design in Scotland and internationally, encouraging public understanding of and deeper engagement with glass and its value to society.
The scope of our current activities is broad, and includes:
• Providing a studio and workspace for creative practitioners, collaborating groups and visiting
• Offering research and production-led artist in residencies including reciprocal opportunities for
artists between our local, national and international partnerships
• Annual events including forum, exhibitions, and projects that reflect the evolution of the glass
medium and its role in the world
• Commissioning and exhibiting the work of new and established artists and cross-disciplinary
practice that responds to the evolving nature of the medium
• Establishing and running a creative learning programme, organising talks and events, courses
and workshops to support practice, knowledge exchange and appreciation
• Preserving our existing collection and producing new archival materials and establishing a new
collection & library space to make them publicly accessible
• Internships, volunteering and skills development opportunities across the range of the
It is the responsibility of all trustees to ensure that the charity is carrying out the purposes for which it is set up. This means that trustees should:
• Ensure that they understand the charity’s purpose as set out in its governing document
• Plan what the charity will do, and what they want it to achieve
• Be able to explain how all the charity’s activities are intended to further or support its
• Understand how the charity benefits the public by carrying out its purposes
• Make sure that the charity complies with its governing document and charity law
All trustees are expected to act responsibly, reasonably and exercise sound judgment in
managing the charity’s assets, avoiding risk and reputational damage and ensuring
accountability when tasks and decision-making is delegated to staff or volunteers.
Please submit a CV and covering note outlining your interest in the role and any relevant experience you have. Queries about the vacancy and applications should be sent via email to:
Ian Giles, Chair
North Lands Creative, Quatre Bras, Lybster, Caithness, KW3 6BN
CLOSING DATE: Friday 29th January 2021
No events found.