This is a part time position with one of the world’s most prestigious centres for the study and development of glass as an art form, providing excellent facilities, opportunities and inspiration to artists working with glass from all over the world. One of Creative Scotland’s Regular Funded Organisations and supported by Highlands & Islands Enterprise, we play a special role in the artistic fabric of the area.
North Lands Creative is a small organisation with a wide remit, a company limited by guarantee and a charity (SC023805). Currently, including the CEO, there is a team of ten staff and seven board members from a wide range of backgrounds, who provide expertise and support.
North Lands Creative is based in the village of Lybster, Caithness. As well as office provision, this includes the Alastair Pilkington Studio, Gallery, accommodation in the former schoolhouse and Friend’s Lodge and a community garden.
The financial characteristics of North Lands Creative are as follows:
- Our accounting package is Sage 50 Cloud Accounts.
- We operate Sage One payroll software and employ 10 staff.
- The company is VAT registered.
- There is a single bank account (with Royal Bank of Scotland) with a credit card.
- The company currently pays suppliers by manual cheque, credit card and by BACS.
- All payments must be signed-off by two authorised signatories; there are currently three signatories, the Chairman, CEO and General Manager.
- The company’s financial year-end is 31 March.
Employment Terms and Conditions
- The salary for the Book Keeper will be £20 – 22k (pro rata) based on experience.
- The role will be offered as a part time position on 1.5 days per week initially.
- There will be an initial probationary period of 6 months, during which there will be a one-week notice period. Following the successful completion of this, there will be a one-month notice period on both sides.
- The place of work will be at the North Lands Creative offices in the village of Lybster, Caithness,
- There is no overtime provision but the company operates a time off in lieu (TOIL) system.
- Holiday entitlement is 20 working days (pro rata) paid holiday each calendar year.
- North Lands Creative offers a contributory pension scheme.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is 3rd October 2019
For further information please click here, and to apply please forward a CV and a cover letter to Karen Phillips, CEO by email to: email@example.com